<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7954978?origin\x3dhttp://onehorsetowns.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

SP in Singapore. I don't know how to embed media on blogspot, so here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbi8ArAAD6o

"It's really hot... just like me! I'm kidding that's not nice."

"When we travel, we travel in style, and that is why this time around in Singapore, it's a little bit of a rough terrain around the country... so we're taking an excursion bus, to be able to go everywhere!..." LOL. Rough terrain my foot. ily seb.

I was at the airport the same day, too bad it wasn't the same time.

So I went to New Zealand, and it's really interesting there. Everything you see, people like us don't get to see much elsewhere. On the plane to Christchurch, I watched Underdog, Stardust and The Longest Yard. Immediately after touching down, I already saw sheep along the runways.

In all, I travelled to Dunedin, Queenstown, Milford Sound, Fox Glacier and Christchurch, passing many other smaller towns on the way. My parents and I did self-drive instead of following a tour so we had the liberty to do anything we wanted. I was the navigator for my dad so I sat in the front passenger seat with the big crazy maps. A lot of the roads were long and winding, so your driver must be a really good one. We saw many hitchhikers along the roadside, which was pretty cool. One of them looked like Blake from American Idol.

NZ is full of sheep, cows, deer, goats, horses, llamas and birds especially ducks. There were also many squashed possums on the road, if you count them. There were numerous waterfalls, gorges, hills, valleys, rivers, lakes and mountains, some of them still snow-capped because the snow hadn't melted from last winter. It's like you're looking Geography in the eye. Sceneries were breathtaking.

At Milford Sound, we took a short 1h 45min cruise but it was worth it. The cruise got right up to the waterfalls and mountains and we saw seals resting on a rock. I was out on the viewing decks the whole time despite the rain and gusty winds. The people at the cruise centre said a few dolphins were spotted in the morning before the storm arrived.

We also visited Deer Park Heights, where some of the Lord Of The Rings scenes were filmed. I got to feed llamas, goats, sheep, deers, a yak and a donkey. We went up by cablecar to Gondola Towers, where dad and I tried the luge. That's the thing they have at Sentosa too and it's only available in NZ, Singapore and Canada. We met a Singaporean who was working there.

At the cafe, I managed to grab hold of newspapers. Finally! My anxiety solved. Liverpool 4-1 Porto, the sports score update read. Also in the headlines, a rapist in Christchurch hitchhiking at 3am in the morning after committing the act. It gave me the creeps and I told myself never to pick any up if ever I encounter them in future, no matter how fit they look!

Then there was an incident the night in Fox Glaciers. I woke up startled because I heard something go bump in the night. It was 4.31am and there was repeated knocking on the toilet window for at least 15 mins. I seriously thought it was burglars but dad was snoring and mum still sleeping. I really didn't know what to do. The noise gradually reduced to one knock every half a minute. I think it was probably a bird pecking on the window. Hope it was anyway.

Soon enough, it was back to the airport to hop on the plane home. I spent a total of 8 days in NZ and had fun there. The locals were friendly and courteous. Even if you were just walking around town and they passed you, they would say hi or ask how you were. When you stopped for them at zebra crossings, they'll wave to thank you. I'll definitely be back there soon, and this time I'll bring along someone who wants to experience the outdoors with me. I want to kayak and bungy there, and basically try all the extreme sports they have to offer.

Labels: , , ,

♥ We keep ourselves a mystery but we provide the clues.
11:50 am

♥ LIVE HIGH ;


    Brina.

♥ YOU MAKE MY DREAMS ;


    Raise a dog
    Tour Europe
    Gigs of my favourite bands
    Overall GPA >3.5
    Sports & Adventure tourism
    Animal management

♥ SHE'S BACK

♥ CREDITS