Saturday, September 09, 2006
♥ The Westlife Concert
So much to say, but where do I start?
Would you listen if I spoke from the heart?
08.09.06 Oh my god I had such an awesooome time yesterday. We went to Nic's house at 3 to pick up the banners and made our way to Kallang. From there, we took a cab to macs for dunch before cabbing to the indoor stadium. We started a queue at the premier entrance. Nic and Adel saw Andy Penders and the rest of the Football Crazy cast. Nic took a pic with him. Then Regine and Sylvia (and a guy friend of hers) joined us.
Shortly after, we heard SCREAMS. I swear I chalked up my personal best timing sprinting then. We missed seeing them arrive by a second. The 2 black mercedes were stationary there. Before we got in, we saw those lucky people with VIP passes, whom got them because they won contests on TV/radio. We had bag check before being allowed in. There was a mini setup selling official merchandise. Nic, Adel and I bought the tourbook, button badges and red shirt (everything but the pink shirt) before taking our seats at Block PB Row 2 Seats 8-11. And guess what? McFly's DON'T STOP ME NOW was played before the start of the concert!
When the lights went out everyone screamed excitedly. Westlife appeared and we completely lost it! People in the front row stood up and rushed to stand behind the barricade. I jumped over their seats to do the same. Adel, being the tallest, held the banner from time to time. Kian saw our irish banner which read "Is Gra Linn WESTLIFE!" (meaning We love Westlife!) and he winked at us. Afterwards Nicky saw it and saluted, THEN winked at us.
Adel mock-fainted and Nicky grinned. Mark kept squinting trying to read our banner. We may have read too deep into their thoughts, maybe not. I can't say I really saw all these because I wasn't keeping watch. I was snapping away with the camera the whole time since Adel forgot hers and Nic's ran out of batteries. Shane was focused and kept looking into the distance, appearing to be concentrating on the song. I hope he saw me though, the crazy girl clutching a camera and jumping up and down screaming his name. Adel and Nic were shocked because they say I'm gentle and I'm known to be pretty quiet! The years I spent screaming at my brother whenever he bullied me were put into practice.
Nic's dad (who was sitting away from us) claimed that the spotlight was shone on us. I think our banner was the only visible one in the dark seeing as we used luminous construction paper for the alphabets. I loved Shane's handstand which I didn't catch on camera because I was too mesmerized.
After the last song we immediately left the stadium. People along the way stared at us as we ran all the way to the car. Adel said Joe Augustine the DJ saw us too. A security guard was saying "you ren chong chu lai" (there're people rushing out) into his walkie-talkie.
Would you listen if I spoke from the heart?
08.09.06 Oh my god I had such an awesooome time yesterday. We went to Nic's house at 3 to pick up the banners and made our way to Kallang. From there, we took a cab to macs for dunch before cabbing to the indoor stadium. We started a queue at the premier entrance. Nic and Adel saw Andy Penders and the rest of the Football Crazy cast. Nic took a pic with him. Then Regine and Sylvia (and a guy friend of hers) joined us.
Shortly after, we heard SCREAMS. I swear I chalked up my personal best timing sprinting then. We missed seeing them arrive by a second. The 2 black mercedes were stationary there. Before we got in, we saw those lucky people with VIP passes, whom got them because they won contests on TV/radio. We had bag check before being allowed in. There was a mini setup selling official merchandise. Nic, Adel and I bought the tourbook, button badges and red shirt (everything but the pink shirt) before taking our seats at Block PB Row 2 Seats 8-11. And guess what? McFly's DON'T STOP ME NOW was played before the start of the concert!
When the lights went out everyone screamed excitedly. Westlife appeared and we completely lost it! People in the front row stood up and rushed to stand behind the barricade. I jumped over their seats to do the same. Adel, being the tallest, held the banner from time to time. Kian saw our irish banner which read "Is Gra Linn WESTLIFE!" (meaning We love Westlife!) and he winked at us. Afterwards Nicky saw it and saluted, THEN winked at us.
Adel mock-fainted and Nicky grinned. Mark kept squinting trying to read our banner. We may have read too deep into their thoughts, maybe not. I can't say I really saw all these because I wasn't keeping watch. I was snapping away with the camera the whole time since Adel forgot hers and Nic's ran out of batteries. Shane was focused and kept looking into the distance, appearing to be concentrating on the song. I hope he saw me though, the crazy girl clutching a camera and jumping up and down screaming his name. Adel and Nic were shocked because they say I'm gentle and I'm known to be pretty quiet! The years I spent screaming at my brother whenever he bullied me were put into practice.
Nic's dad (who was sitting away from us) claimed that the spotlight was shone on us. I think our banner was the only visible one in the dark seeing as we used luminous construction paper for the alphabets. I loved Shane's handstand which I didn't catch on camera because I was too mesmerized.
After the last song we immediately left the stadium. People along the way stared at us as we ran all the way to the car. Adel said Joe Augustine the DJ saw us too. A security guard was saying "you ren chong chu lai" (there're people rushing out) into his walkie-talkie.
Nic's dad drove us to Meritus Mandarin where Westlife were lodging at. Again we missed seeing them. The bellhop said that they already went up. Anyway we lingered and sat at Chatterbox where we saw Mr Francis. We headed home after reluctantly admitting that we would not meet them after all. Their flight left at 8am today. Thank you for the wonderful performance, I miss you guys already! I want to give Shane a hug. Hope the lads had a good night's rest and take care. Please come back soon! xoxoxo
Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time just give me a call
Don't stop me now (cos I'm having a good time)
Don't stop me now (yes I'm having a good time)
I don't want to stop at all!
Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time just give me a call
Don't stop me now (cos I'm having a good time)
Don't stop me now (yes I'm having a good time)
I don't want to stop at all!
Labels: westlife
12:42 pm