<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7954978?origin\x3dhttp://onehorsetowns.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Let me start with what I did on Tue: I was remembering the Hillsborough Anniversary on this day in 1989. For the benefit of those who don't know,

"The Hillsborough Disaster was a deadly human crush that occurred on April 15, 1989, at Hillsborough, a football stadium home to Sheffield Wednesday in Sheffield, England resulting in the deaths of 96 people (all fans of Liverpool Football Club). The match was an FA cup semi-final between Liverpool FC and Nottingham Forest FC. It was abandoned six minutes into the first half. The inquiry into the disaster, the Taylor Report, named the cause as failure of police control, and resulted in the conversion of many football stadiums in the United Kingdom to all-seater and the removal of barriers at the front of stands." (Source: Wikipedia)

I went to meet Marianne at Harbourfront. We bought sushi and chips before taking the Sentosa Express to that little island. We sat out in the sun for close to a couple of hours and saw TV crew filming on the beach. One was a volleyball scene and the other was uhm, a drowning/swimming scene? They took ages to film lah. Then at 2 Mari and I washed up and proceeded to the Sentosa Office on Tanjong Beach for her job interview. Drank slurpee along the way. Mine was a mix of sour lemon, green apple and cola. Shiok! (: I waited till past 6 for her interview to finish but the place I was waiting at was pretty comfortable. I actually fell asleep on the couch!

Thu was Business School orientation day 1. There were 9 LRM classes and mine was 1K09. Idk what the 'k' stands for. I wonder how we were even sorted into classes. Anyway as fate would have it, I ended up sitting next to Nana when I met fellow classmates at the convention centre. She also stays in Bukit Batok! My Chinese classmates mostly conversed in Mandarin and I realised how rusty my Mandarin had become lah. I sounded weird. English has always been my first language. I made the SLs (Synergy Leaders) for our class guess my sec school CCA. They said I look sporty so one guessed Tennis while the other said Track & Field. Hahaha. They also said I look like a JC student. Activities-wise, it was super boring. All we did was sit through a welcoming speech, learn mass dance, LT games and watch other people play tug-o-war. There wasn't even icebreakers. And my sunburnt feet were immensely painful which gave me a hard time walking around. :/

Day 2, Business School became 4th time champs! :D In the morning, we had to sit through a very long presentation in the LT. I found myself dozing off. We met our course manager Ms Susan Goh, who also happens to be Care Person for classes 06 & 09! Was given our matric card, handbook and timetable. I have no lessons on Mon and lessons on Tue start at noon! Whoopie. Oh, we were also told that all LRM students would be involved in F1! Omg. That was exactly what I told Nana I was hoping for, and it really came true. :D

Later the entire TP freshies gathered at the grandstand to cheer our respective schools in the Olympiad, which is a series of tasks. There was 11-legged race etc. We were packed like sardines to the extent that I couldn't even stand up without knocking into the people around me and the lack of personal space really sucked. I got quite annoyed after a while. I must say I also wasn't in the best of moods though. I woke up that morning with bloodshot eyes lah. Always happens when I get less than 3 hrs of sleep.

And random shit, I am going to get hammered like nobody's business football-wise. Han Chuan informed me that he, Karthik, Clifford and Hugh, are all United fans. It's the 4 of them versus me. At least there was only Marcus in my CJ class! I am so getting suan-ed x4.

Uhm back to main story, Business won the Olympiad. Then everyone headed to Bedok Reservoir for the Regatta aka dragonboating cum performances. Business got 2nd for the first dragonboating race, best-spirited award for cheers, I don't know what else... After which they announced us as overall champs and that was when all the Biz students really started cheering at the top of their lungs. Hahaha. Woohoo! Pleasant surprise, I thought we would end up 2nd. Towards the end, we got to watch a wakeboarding performance by Sasha, the national wakeboarder. Btw we had to sit on sloping grass and I felt damn itchy lah, spiders kept crawling up my leg. But in the end the big win made that a small matter. Haha.

Labels: , , ,

♥ We keep ourselves a mystery but we provide the clues.
12:39 am

♥ LIVE HIGH ;


    Brina.

♥ YOU MAKE MY DREAMS ;


    Raise a dog
    Tour Europe
    Gigs of my favourite bands
    Overall GPA >3.5
    Sports & Adventure tourism
    Animal management

♥ SHE'S BACK

♥ CREDITS