Friday, April 04, 2008
I keep dreaming you'll be with me.
So I went to Novena Square 2 around noon yesterday and got to satisfy my craving for the best chocolate crispy waffle I've ever tasted. (: It's sold at a corner shop called Butter Cup and they've won a spanking good Culinary Award before. The only complaint I have is that waiting time is a tad bit long. But no big deal knowing what I'll be getting is quality food.
There was this guy at the entrance of a cafe/restaurant trying to get passers by to try the donuts he was carrying on a large tray. He told us, "Hey you want to try these donuts? Not very sweet." Marianne and I just burst out laughing after getting some distance away, cos what made him think we don't like our donuts extra sweet? Donuts are supposed to be sweet, right?
But my smile soon vanished. Some distance away, I could see an Indian man lying motionless on the floor by the wall. A Transitlink officer was crouching beside the body and a CID officer was on the phone trying to contact someone. The man, dead or alive I don't know, but there wasn't any blood visible. Perhaps he had a heart attack. That's our guess. I made up so many theories until the two of them didn't want to hear anymore.
Anyway we scrammed and cabbed to CJ. Stayed from 1 plus to 6 plus. Like I'd anticipated, it wasn't any fun actually. Su was so excited and crazily obsessed with the school. o_O In the canteen, I saw __ who was sitting at the next table facing me, so I told Denise he was my eye candy and she was being hundred per cent obvious that I like him! Omg. I tried to make things sound better but she ended up saying "BUT I KNOW YOU LIKE ANG MOH RIGHT?!" Embarassing x100. Even Spiff said she was embarassed for me. Omg!
During the 5 hours, I met quite a handful of familiar people. Nicole Liang was the first person I bumped into. Saw Nictay, Aloysius (Mah), Joanne, Annabelle, Fern, Sheryl, Hilda and Priscilla. Alex Poon crashed too. Val and Junyi came to look for me at the grandstand. Junyi stayed to chat for a while. (: I even saw Ivan, not sure if he saw me. Saw Elisabeth too. I walked past 1T01 and spotted Marcus. He was totally looking out of the window, not paying attention! Haha. They've moved back up to the fifth floor. Then Su insisted on wanting to see the netballers. We did see a few. I wanted to find Mdm Wee but didn't succeed. SOMEONE PLEASE LEND ME THEIR GC, I WANNA PLAY PUZZLE BOBBLE!
I ate wonton mee from Noodle King. I don't really miss it as much as the fruit stall! Their smoothies are so good. I had my mango ice blended. I need to go back for the oreo crush and starfruit-orange juice soon. Anyway, I sat with Michelle (from netball), Denise, Mari and Spiff waiting for the heavy thunderstorm to subside, then went home with Denise when it did. It was great to be talking to her again after such a long while lah. We talked all the way home. A pity I didn't get to meet Yanyan. It would have made the whole visit perfect, apart from seeing Adel too which I didn't get to. Hopefully there will be another time! I wanna crash sports carnival.
I'll be going back to STC in a couple of hours to see friends. It's Theresian Awards day.
So I went to Novena Square 2 around noon yesterday and got to satisfy my craving for the best chocolate crispy waffle I've ever tasted. (: It's sold at a corner shop called Butter Cup and they've won a spanking good Culinary Award before. The only complaint I have is that waiting time is a tad bit long. But no big deal knowing what I'll be getting is quality food.
There was this guy at the entrance of a cafe/restaurant trying to get passers by to try the donuts he was carrying on a large tray. He told us, "Hey you want to try these donuts? Not very sweet." Marianne and I just burst out laughing after getting some distance away, cos what made him think we don't like our donuts extra sweet? Donuts are supposed to be sweet, right?
But my smile soon vanished. Some distance away, I could see an Indian man lying motionless on the floor by the wall. A Transitlink officer was crouching beside the body and a CID officer was on the phone trying to contact someone. The man, dead or alive I don't know, but there wasn't any blood visible. Perhaps he had a heart attack. That's our guess. I made up so many theories until the two of them didn't want to hear anymore.
Anyway we scrammed and cabbed to CJ. Stayed from 1 plus to 6 plus. Like I'd anticipated, it wasn't any fun actually. Su was so excited and crazily obsessed with the school. o_O In the canteen, I saw __ who was sitting at the next table facing me, so I told Denise he was my eye candy and she was being hundred per cent obvious that I like him! Omg. I tried to make things sound better but she ended up saying "BUT I KNOW YOU LIKE ANG MOH RIGHT?!" Embarassing x100. Even Spiff said she was embarassed for me. Omg!
During the 5 hours, I met quite a handful of familiar people. Nicole Liang was the first person I bumped into. Saw Nictay, Aloysius (Mah), Joanne, Annabelle, Fern, Sheryl, Hilda and Priscilla. Alex Poon crashed too. Val and Junyi came to look for me at the grandstand. Junyi stayed to chat for a while. (: I even saw Ivan, not sure if he saw me. Saw Elisabeth too. I walked past 1T01 and spotted Marcus. He was totally looking out of the window, not paying attention! Haha. They've moved back up to the fifth floor. Then Su insisted on wanting to see the netballers. We did see a few. I wanted to find Mdm Wee but didn't succeed. SOMEONE PLEASE LEND ME THEIR GC, I WANNA PLAY PUZZLE BOBBLE!
I ate wonton mee from Noodle King. I don't really miss it as much as the fruit stall! Their smoothies are so good. I had my mango ice blended. I need to go back for the oreo crush and starfruit-orange juice soon. Anyway, I sat with Michelle (from netball), Denise, Mari and Spiff waiting for the heavy thunderstorm to subside, then went home with Denise when it did. It was great to be talking to her again after such a long while lah. We talked all the way home. A pity I didn't get to meet Yanyan. It would have made the whole visit perfect, apart from seeing Adel too which I didn't get to. Hopefully there will be another time! I wanna crash sports carnival.
I'll be going back to STC in a couple of hours to see friends. It's Theresian Awards day.
3:05 pm