<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7954978?origin\x3dhttp://onehorsetowns.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, May 16, 2007



Omg midyr's over. And I went straight home to use the computer. Not complaining though, town can wait till tomorrow. I wanted to 'celebrate' by drinking OREO CRUSH, but sweettalk wasn't open yet. I restrict myself to this sinful concoction once every fortnight and so far I've been living up to it! (:

I just had hiccups that was occurring at a regular interval of once every TWELVE seconds. It was so annoying. I looked it up online and discovered that a noral hiccup happens at THIRTY second intervals - not twelve! I was so irritated that I turned to home remedies.

1) Stick your fingers in your ears / stick a finger in the back of your mouth, which has a similar effect as creating pressure in your ears -- but gagging is even less fun than the hiccups.

2) Get scared silly. Have you ever, out of frustration, yelled at a crying child -- who, as if on cue, suddenly stopped? Scaring your vagus nerve may shut it up, too. Having someone surprise you can overwhelm the vagus nerve, though this method is probably best reserved for the stout hearted who enjoy a good scare. (Reminds me of Bananas in Pyjamas! :D)

3) Pull on your tongue. Sticking out your tongue and yanking on it may stop hiccups.

4) Tickle it away. Tickling the soft palate of the roof of your mouth with a cotton swab may do the trick. Or, if you're the type who enjoys getting tickled, it may be more fun to have someone find your ticklish spots.

5) Hold your breath. Hold your nose and close your mouth -- the way you would when you're ready to jump in a pool -- for as long as you can or until you sense that the hiccups are gone.

None of them worked lah, though I didn't try no. 3. In the end I just followed what Adel's grandma taught her -- take 9 sips of water (SLOWLY). I took 10 and my hiccups stopped. I guess mothers know best.

PS. I love how Harry looks in this pic.

Labels: ,

♥ We keep ourselves a mystery but we provide the clues.
1:08 pm

♥ LIVE HIGH ;


    Brina.

♥ YOU MAKE MY DREAMS ;


    Raise a dog
    Tour Europe
    Gigs of my favourite bands
    Overall GPA >3.5
    Sports & Adventure tourism
    Animal management

♥ SHE'S BACK

♥ CREDITS