<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7954978?origin\x3dhttp://onehorsetowns.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Woah! I feel as if I've been super busy ever since the start of the year, but I suppose it's the preoccupation with Os that's doing this to me. Like Os is such a big thing yet school is still full of events to preoccupy our minds with. How can one focus for Os this way?! Anyway here am I taking a break from studying for CA (yes, it starts this week!) to bring you a backtrack of events that happened recently.

It was half day on Friday due to Fun Splash. I was called for health check before leaving school at 11. The nurse told me that I am suspected to have astigmatism. FYI that's a fault in the shape of the eye. I was quite shocked, but wasn't referred to specialist or anything. She just went, "Do you know you are actually not short sighted... Do you have astigmatism?" I don't know. So I told the parents when I got home and my dad says if I really do have, it's probably genetic cos both my dad and brother have too.

At Fun Splash, Joseph House got 2nd overall! It's history! :D I got Silver for 4x50m Relay. The Joseph relay team (Celine, Kathlyn, Stephenie and me) wasn't able to retain our Gold title that we got in 2006. I got Bronze in 2005 with a slightly different team. Nevertheless, I think they're all still good results considering I go for a leisurely swim only like once a year. Haha! xP

Celine grabbed me to participate in novelty race cos Joseph was short of participants. I also had to become lifeguard for the other novelty races. Mr Francis said get in and help them, make sure they don't drown. Haha. The sec 4 novelty race is based on luck only. Pick up chess piece, read the number on it, identify the bottle with same number and the next person bring that bottle across. The bottle contains a slip of paper with a random number. At the end of the race, the house with the highest value wins. I don't know why but the results are still unannounced? And for at least the third year consecutively, it always rains towards the end of the swimming carnival.

For house practice on Thursday, the sec 4s played Captain's Ball. Joseph house won! I played in 2 out of 3 games and was generally pleased with my performance. I made a few interceptions, scored a few points and did a very good block to deny Marie house a point (shorty me rocks! haha) . It was really satisfying. Ending the finals by stealing away their possession was the icing on the cake.

On Chinese New Year's eve, my family had the usual reunion dinner at home. The next day, we had lunch with the uncles and aunties from my father's side. My twenty-something year old cousin brought her ang moh boyfriend with her. She studied University in Manchester and met him there and they flew back together for this CNY! Haha, I practically went crazy inside lah!

Then it was over to my mother's side. We go there every year. The house where I sit on the sofa with my dad and brother and have people coming up to us to shake hands and exchange greetings. The house with the grandma whom I don't know in what way is related to me, but she always comes and talks to me, but I can't understand her and she will always offer me the snacks on the table as if I'm too shy to take them myself. It's also the house where I watch television without knowing exactly what's going on cos I'm not paying attention. Except, this year's slightly different because Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was on!

The week leading up to Chinese New Year I was ill. Had high fever of 39.3 degrees C. Went to the doc. He said it was probably caused by my inflamed throat. But how did I get that inflamed throat? That is the question lol.

Anyway, Nic left for her vacation in the UK on Friday the 16th and I emailed her my shopping list the day before. I'm so happy that she got one of her greatest dreams fulfilled so quickly. I hope it's my turn soon, cos Anfield will become history when the new Liverpool stadium at Stanley Park opens in the 2009/10 premiership season.

Yup okay. I know it's quite abrupt but I'm finally done. That's all folks, goodbye! :D

Labels: , , , ,

♥ We keep ourselves a mystery but we provide the clues.
11:48 pm

♥ LIVE HIGH ;


    Brina.

♥ YOU MAKE MY DREAMS ;


    Raise a dog
    Tour Europe
    Gigs of my favourite bands
    Overall GPA >3.5
    Sports & Adventure tourism
    Animal management

♥ SHE'S BACK

♥ CREDITS