<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7954978?origin\x3dhttp://onehorsetowns.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Don't fret, people! Weekend is round the corner. I'm saying this because JC peeps are really caught up in work and stressed out. Sri, take care of yourself k. I can't be there to save you if you faint! Hahah. Anyway I went for TP freshman orientation from Mon to Wed. On all 3 days, I think I was the only lunatic who sat on the train for 23 stops before alighting.

I got to campus and took a look at the name list. Was sorted into Phantos empire for the duration of the workshop. The only other Theresian on the list was Michelle Tan. During icebreakers, none of the GLs had ever heard of STC. I'm just going to say CHIJ to the next person who asks lah. Other freshies turned up with a whole bunch of schoolmates while I was technically alone so I started SOS-ing with my phone. Thanks Regine! (: I practically did that a whole lot until one of the GLs said "Wah Brina, very busy ah. Now Phantos time leh, can wait until over not."

Overall Day One we did icebreakers, cheers, empire flag, performance night preparation and station games around Tampines central. It was mundane but the GLs did their best to hype up the freshies. They were uber RAH-RAH. After Day One, I contemplated not turning up anymore but a few strong factors convinced me to just go. No1, I signed up for it and should be responsible by following through with it. No2, the GLs put in a lot of time and effort. No3, I was buay song because Phantos got joint 4th place in house placing so I wanted to come back and change that! No4, As the staff IC explained, I am privileged because there was limited vacancy. No5, I have nothing to do at home.

Day Two was better because more people warmed up and for me at least, had motivation to win. I didn't dare to take charge, so I was a follower. Although fewer people turned up, Day Two was tons louder and more enjoyable! I didn't exactly get high, but just hell unbothered about stretching the capacity of my lungs anymore. We did cheers, learnt TP handsign, school song, mass dance and played station games in school. TP mass dance damn nice! Simple and fun. One of the Phantos GLs looks strangely like one of the footballers for the red lions, and one of the freshies is a Park Ji Sung lookalike. Performance night was held in the evening. Because of our enthusiasm, Phantos emerged top 2 on Day Two.

Day Three, I went to school delighted because Liverpool won 4-2. I was also wearing an LFC shirt because Phantos decided to show that we're special and have everyone turn up in either red or orange. But I was also super tired because of the match and the previous day's events. Had to take Strepsils the night before. We cheered again, played water games, Huntgry/'treasure hunt' and ended off with mass dance and such. I was sort of just going through the motions but really screamed the cheers to the max. For Huntgry, the IQ task ended up with me for solving. I also helped make a voodoo doll for one of the station games and it became a sort of mascot for Phancee, my sub-empire. One of the GLs named it Cee-cee aka Sissy. Lol. TP seniors are so damn funny and crazy I tell you.

I think one of the ultimate reasons why Phantos didn't win was an insufficient sense of urgency (it makes a lot of difference cos if we hurried we could have squeezed in more tasks), but deal or no deal win or no win, it doesn't matter much cos I don't regret turning up. That despite the fact that I didn't make many friends luh. Couldn't really click with fellow freshies. :/ And I want more sports involved in FOW/C! I know NP had sports camp for freshies. The CJ orientation that I attended also had a lot of sports involved. Damn shiok! Haha. At least we were told that there's dragonboating during school orientation next Fri! Business school ftw.

Phantos, the freshmaker! :D

Labels: , ,

♥ We keep ourselves a mystery but we provide the clues.
1:54 pm

♥ LIVE HIGH ;


    Brina.

♥ YOU MAKE MY DREAMS ;


    Raise a dog
    Tour Europe
    Gigs of my favourite bands
    Overall GPA >3.5
    Sports & Adventure tourism
    Animal management

♥ SHE'S BACK

♥ CREDITS