Saturday, January 19, 2008
On Wed while walking to the bus stop, I thought I saw an owl perched on a tree branch, and it was staring directly back at me. A white barn owl, to be specific. I could feel my eyes widen and jaw drop. But as I came closer, I realised it was just a protrusion in the branch. I still can't believe it was just my imagination. The image of the owl was so vivid and real in my eyes! I just looked up an animal totem guide and here's what it says:
Owl- This nocturnal bird holds the power of wisdom and enlightenment. It is often thought to be clairvoyant and the bird that flies you to your reincarnation. It is also often thought that if an owl comes to you that you'll be able to see the inner thoughts of people just by intuition.
The vision and hearing of Owl is very powerful. Owl often visits those who are teachers, therapists and counselors. If Owl comes and sits nearby, it may indicate a need to peer into the darkness and face our fears. Or, a great mystery that is unfolding will be revealed by looking deeper in to its meaning. Owl is often thought to come to those who need to let go of some part of their life that is no longer needed. As a guide, the owl teaches us to see and hear past shadows, beyond fear and darkness, through to the other side that promises light, happiness and knowledge.
I find totems interesting. (: Okay anw, let's get on with the usual stuff. I had double Chinese on Thu, for 2 hours. From the beginning of the day, our class was already entertaining thoughts of ponning. But no, we didn't in the end. There's little chance of ponning in CJ. They'll probably put the whole class in detention. I think it's cool lah, but some of them were against the idea. So we had to do composition, but it wasn't so bad because we were playing a fool and lao shi didn't really care.
There was netball after school. I worked on my passing the whole time by repeatedly throwing the ball against the wall. Anne is the best captain I could ask for! (: This coming from someone who has been part of team sports since primary school... Everyone's so nice, even those seniors whom I don't know will come up to me and ask how my ankle is.
PE was the best part about school on Fri! I liked it, but I doubt my classmates enjoyed that session. It started off with 3 rounds track [1km], which is already slack (Mr Ho said we should expect 7.2km in JC). I did 2 rounds field because of my ankle. No difference it still hurt a lot despite Mr Ho claiming grass is softer hence there will be less pressure on my ankle etc. He told me to go at 35% of my pace but I just ended up jogging my normal speed and trying to avoid all the muddy patches of grass.
Then we did this passing game where we had to stand randomly and toss toy balls to each other according to index no. After that, we were made to do 12 grandstands (running up and down the grandstand). I was first to reach the top but always last down it because it was much harder for my ankle coming down. Before the end of the lesson, girls had to work on inclined pull-ups while guys, their pull-ups. Food just didn't seem appealing to any of us after that. I drank 2 bottles of H2O at one go.
After school, I went with Yanyan to meet Sri and Des! Played badminton at Potong Pasir CC. Yanyan left early for piano. The rest of us went to the coffee shop for lunch and Sri and Des treated me! Sri showed me her eye candy which I shan't mention to respect her privacy. ;) The mexican cheese fries were so good! The milo-ping too. I had 2 glasses. After that we went to Macs to chat some more. I laugh so much everytime I hang out with them lah. I laughed till I teared and my stomach hurt. Then Sri had to get back to work, so Des and I left and chatted all the way home.
Click the link to be treated to some pictures and my timetable for next week!
http://keaira-filan.livejournal.com/70100.html#cutid1
Owl- This nocturnal bird holds the power of wisdom and enlightenment. It is often thought to be clairvoyant and the bird that flies you to your reincarnation. It is also often thought that if an owl comes to you that you'll be able to see the inner thoughts of people just by intuition.
The vision and hearing of Owl is very powerful. Owl often visits those who are teachers, therapists and counselors. If Owl comes and sits nearby, it may indicate a need to peer into the darkness and face our fears. Or, a great mystery that is unfolding will be revealed by looking deeper in to its meaning. Owl is often thought to come to those who need to let go of some part of their life that is no longer needed. As a guide, the owl teaches us to see and hear past shadows, beyond fear and darkness, through to the other side that promises light, happiness and knowledge.
I find totems interesting. (: Okay anw, let's get on with the usual stuff. I had double Chinese on Thu, for 2 hours. From the beginning of the day, our class was already entertaining thoughts of ponning. But no, we didn't in the end. There's little chance of ponning in CJ. They'll probably put the whole class in detention. I think it's cool lah, but some of them were against the idea. So we had to do composition, but it wasn't so bad because we were playing a fool and lao shi didn't really care.
There was netball after school. I worked on my passing the whole time by repeatedly throwing the ball against the wall. Anne is the best captain I could ask for! (: This coming from someone who has been part of team sports since primary school... Everyone's so nice, even those seniors whom I don't know will come up to me and ask how my ankle is.
PE was the best part about school on Fri! I liked it, but I doubt my classmates enjoyed that session. It started off with 3 rounds track [1km], which is already slack (Mr Ho said we should expect 7.2km in JC). I did 2 rounds field because of my ankle. No difference it still hurt a lot despite Mr Ho claiming grass is softer hence there will be less pressure on my ankle etc. He told me to go at 35% of my pace but I just ended up jogging my normal speed and trying to avoid all the muddy patches of grass.
Then we did this passing game where we had to stand randomly and toss toy balls to each other according to index no. After that, we were made to do 12 grandstands (running up and down the grandstand). I was first to reach the top but always last down it because it was much harder for my ankle coming down. Before the end of the lesson, girls had to work on inclined pull-ups while guys, their pull-ups. Food just didn't seem appealing to any of us after that. I drank 2 bottles of H2O at one go.
After school, I went with Yanyan to meet Sri and Des! Played badminton at Potong Pasir CC. Yanyan left early for piano. The rest of us went to the coffee shop for lunch and Sri and Des treated me! Sri showed me her eye candy which I shan't mention to respect her privacy. ;) The mexican cheese fries were so good! The milo-ping too. I had 2 glasses. After that we went to Macs to chat some more. I laugh so much everytime I hang out with them lah. I laughed till I teared and my stomach hurt. Then Sri had to get back to work, so Des and I left and chatted all the way home.
Click the link to be treated to some pictures and my timetable for next week!
http://keaira-filan.livejournal.com/70100.html#cutid1
7:07 pm