<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7954978?origin\x3dhttp://onehorsetowns.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Haha. Should I even post about my CJ orientation experience here? If I were to go into details, I think it would take up at least 20 pages on paper. Okay so, let me just attempt to summarise. It's gonna be pretty lengthy...

Day1
Met Denise on the bus and joined Celine and Yanyan at the bus stop to wait for Kelly. Saw Wileen, Kat, Annabelle, Judith, Weilin, Marianne, Chengcheng and Grace. We gathered in the hall and the teacher in charge of student development gave us a 5 minute briefing before our facils took over. There were 34 groups in total. The facils did a dance item which was damn cool (these words coming from someone who doesn't even like to dance) and it also happens to be our mass dance. Realised that Valerie from STC was also in my IG, so I felt more at ease.

We were taken to different spots in the school for icebreakers. Played wacko, then the who-what-huh?, blow wind blow, money game and 007. Who-what-huh was the funniest but also the one I sucked at most. It's like you can say who, what or huh but if someone says a different word then the direction changes. Then we got bored and our facils, Ivan and Elisabeth, decided we could add new words of our own. So words like how, why, hello, hiiii, *waves*, bye, HA-CHOO!,*nods*, haha, LOL, what so funny, etc came into play.

Then the games stopped and we were taken back to the hall for Br. Paul's welcoming speech + HOD presentation/subject combination talk. I was so bored I almost fell asleep. The History HOD was so enthusiastic and passionate about History that even her presentation scared me. Srsly. I'm still sticking to Econs, Geog, Lit and China Studies. We're doing Great Expectations for lit! That's the only book I remember but the others sound interesting too.

So after that the first half of the JC1 cohort went for break first while we, the second half, went to the area near the 3 basketball courts for games! Competed with other IGs. First up was running to a pail full of icky, disgusting water and dipping your hand into it to pick a coloured bean. Different colours represented different subjects from history to math to current affairs. Then you had to answer the question. I got an easy one: If I have 1 durian and 1 orange and I give half a durian to my friend, what do I have left? I first thought it was a trick question. One of the girls got: In which year was UMNO formed? Lol.

Next was 3 legged race where girls paired up with guys to dip your hair into a pail of water. IG with the most water collected in the bottle wins. I was saved from doing it by the bell. Made Wileen jealous that I didn't have to dip my hair in water. Hahaha. We had to proceed to the next station which was captain's ball! I was running around guarding people and trying to intercept. Managed to steal a ball and the guy from the other team was complaining. Kind of miss playing basketball lah... Tudor's (this Romanian in my IG) thunders were power! He was so tall (1.93m) and defended for us. Every time the opponent took a shot the ball would just go to him. Hahaha. We won and I assisted in the winning goal.

An hour's break. We had to sit with our IG. Saw Aloysius Teo. Passed Colin Wong too who was buying food. Kat and Cheng came to ask me to the STC campfire. Girls went to get food and drinks together. The fish and chips sucked. I took a few bites and abandoned it though I was starving. None of the canteen food looked appealing. After break, it was back to the hall to settle attire sizes and rehearse mass dance. There were also jokes told by one of the facils. It was so funny even though I'd heard them before. Why did the ant step on the lime outside the synagogue? It wanted to see the juice come out. And the Happy joke.

Day2
I forgot to set my alarm and both my parents' alarm clocks didn't ring for some unexplained reason. I woke up at 7.30, which was the reporting time for assembly! Panicked, dad fetched me there, but he still went to take a shower because he was going straight to work after that.

Reached school, went to hall, then found out I was supposed to go to Language Theatre 2 to register for subject combi. Saw Nathalie Fernandez and Melvin Low there. I wanted to do H1 Bio but there weren't enough students to form a class. Later, went back to the hall where they were already carrying on with mass dance.

Break was at 10.15am, couldn't eat anything despite not having breakfast. Was also worried about the Liverpool-Wigan match since I was 45 minutes late for school and didn't have time to check the score. I fell alseep during the match cos I was so tired. CNA was showing on the tv screen at the canteen but the score was never flashed.


After break, it was time for games. Handball was up first. Ivan discovered I played basketball and we were both power forwards! Cool. But omg, I freaking missed a shot. Was damn angry with myself, but I helped our IG by blocking and intercepting opponents, especially this Catholic High guy who's probably a baller too, cos he kept dribbling the ball. Our IG thrashed Weilin's IG 5-0. Floorball. I played 2nd half, kept a couple of balls out. Maintained our 1-0 lead.

Back to the hall, heard the facils sing the school anthem (only 8 lines! shortest anthem ever). They were supposed to teach us but the projector wasn't working. More jokes. This time it was the Sue joke. Learnt the CJ sugar dance where you'll end up tickling people. Also learnt the key word game. Everytime the key word was spoken you had to escape the right person's grasp and try to grasp the left person's fingers and vice versa. There were keywords like 'umbrella' so the person narrating the crap story came up with some ridiculous scenarios about being Rihanna's friend and borrowing an umbrella... Then it was time for the CJ Amazing Race. Lame and tiring, but I got to climb the gate! I have this thing for climbing poles and gates. xP

Wet dodgeball against Aloysius Teo's IG. Then ultimate frisbee against Yushan's IG. We won both too. Slippery scissors paper stone. Basically it's played on very muddy field with a row of chairs. On the chairs were stuff like mud, water, juice, papaya and watermelon poured by the gamemasters. The teams start on opposing ends and have to get to the other side by sliding our butts across the chairs. I won with scissors 3 times consecutively against 3 different guys. Lol. For every showdown, the gamemasters would splash that dirty concoction on the players. It was gross, but fun. Some of the guys were sissy lah, they refused to play.

Water bomb volleyball. We had to use a canvas sheet to launch the waterbombs to the other side. Again, it was Aloysius's group. Again, we won. They had to face the firing squad (us) and had water bombs thrown at them. Numbers game. Numbers 1-50 were scrawled on the court and we each had to take charge of some numbers, calling them out in order under 22s. There was no time for Jacob's ladder so we were saved from more mud. Our IG won every single game that was played!

Day3
After assembly, we had a short briefing reminding us of safety when making our way to the Old Police Academy across the road. Then we had mass dance. This time we completed the whole dance. It was so fun! Especially the bhangra part. Funny! After dance it was break time. I grabbed a snack and H2O. An hour later, we made our way to OPA. Coolios, those police cars parked there or being driven out... "Don't touch the police cars or you'll get shot!" Yeah if you didn't already know, one of my dream occupations was to become a police dog handler.

First up was dog and bone game in the pool. Won against Kat and Cheng's IG. Tudor pushed Ivan into the pool and later, into mud. That guy is psycho. Haha. Next station, sweet picking from flour. Run to yellow line, spin around 15 times, second line revolving starjump 15 times, clapping game with partner, run to plate of flour and pick out the sweets in it with your mouth. Ivan was there to flour us, his revenge for the bullying he suffered. I swallowed some flour it was totally gross. Then using the sweets, we had to form our IG number.

Next, captain's ball with an oily piece of dough. We lost 1-2, but I scored that last goal in the final few seconds. Hurried to the next station, rolled in mud. Human bowling. That was the most fun! The groundsheet would be soaked with detergent to make the surface slippery and some people would stand on the sheet near the end. The objective was to slide towards them and try and knock them down. Some of the girls didn't do cos they like didn't know how to fall? Haha yeah, because if you happen to land on your butt too heavily, it might hurt. I was all soapy that bubbles even appeared from under my shorts. Wet, muddy, and soapy... Last game, caterpillar. We had to sit down close together to form a row on mud. Then our legs had to be held by the person in front of you so that a link would be formed. Fastest IG wins. We got 2nd. People behind were slow for some reason.

Back at CJ, we went to shower and eat. I was starving badly, so I grabbed a sushi handroll. Back up to the hall for CCA talk by HOD for PE, Discipline and Student Management Mr Michael Tan. Walked around the school to check out CCA booths. Shooting first, but I was intimidated and since it was so crowded, I left and went to find Yanyan. Signed up for badminton, canoeing, netball and volleyball. Saw Yvonne Boey's sister at the Track and Field booth. They look alike!

After that it was all over. Our last day together as an IG! We're going to be split into our classes for the next 3 days of orientation. Oh man. Almost everyone went for dinner together at Bishan's pastamania and Ivan came to join us later.

I've finally gotten all their names down: Shaun, Samuel, Leon, Hao Nam, Tudor, Aloysius, Bertram, Ulfred, Brent, Kwang Wei, Joanne, Lynette, Gillian, Olivia, Priscilla, Angelina, Sheryl, Valerie, Junyi, Hilda, me, Ivan and Elisabeth (IG25 facils).

I got home in time for the 9 o'clock Chinese show. Yayy. And coincidentally they had this scene that was filmed at OPA!

I'm following the Luton-Liverpool game now, and it'll end around 2am. Sadly we're missing our skipper and 2 other key players through injury. It would so make my day if Liverpool get back to their winning ways... I do hope I can survive tomorrow with just 4 hours of sleep. :/ Not my first time sacrificing sleep for the team I love!

Labels: , ,

♥ We keep ourselves a mystery but we provide the clues.
11:13 pm

♥ LIVE HIGH ;


    Brina.

♥ YOU MAKE MY DREAMS ;


    Raise a dog
    Tour Europe
    Gigs of my favourite bands
    Overall GPA >3.5
    Sports & Adventure tourism
    Animal management

♥ SHE'S BACK

♥ CREDITS