Friday, October 13, 2006
Went balling with Sri, Des and Annabelle after school today. Ate lunch at Macs first. We saw Samme through the glass panes. Waved at her and when she realised Sri was with us, she turned around a second time and gave us this puzzled expression cos Sri didn't turn up for school but was in uniform. Lol!
When we went to the CC behind Tiong plaza to use the court there, there was this "Danger, Keep Out!" sign on the gate but we happily walked in anyway. Then this construction worker told us we couldn't go in cos the CC was under renovation. Wth, the court's not even undergoing any renovation and is separate from the main building!
So then we decided to use the court near Regine's house. Started playing at 3pm until almost 7. In between, Des and I went to the mama shop nearby to get drinks. When we returned, this guy was using the other half of the court. He took off his singlet top to play lah. After that, an Indian boy joined him. They're like total strangers but I think the boy wanted to learn how to play so the guy tried to teach him. The boy seems to be 7 years old so he's obviously very small and had difficulty shooting. Later you know what little boy did?
He came over to us wanting to play match! Des, who was standing the nearest, didn't know what to say. We all pretended not to hear. But the boy was insistent and asked another couple of times until Annabelle said okay. So the boy called the guy over and he went to put on his singlet first. Oh the dignity. The boy was so weird lah. He wanted equal number of players on each team so he told Sri, "I choose you". I started laughing because of Sri's reaction and he also got me thinking of Pokemon. Haha.
Sri told him cannot cos obviously she wants to play on the same team as us. In the end it was female vs male; the 4 of us against the 2 of them. It was hilarious. Sri will just scream at times. At first it was 2-0 with us leading then 7-5, 10-7 etc. All the opposing shots were scored solo by the guy please. They made me mark him and every time little boy tried to pass the ball, I intercepted. Put in many of the shots and was quite pleased with myself. Somehow I can never do that during trng or tournie. Intimidation perhaps.
Anyway Mr Guy was rapidly closing the gap on us and by the time Lin and Regine arrived we were losing. Des rested while Lin took her place. The only thing little boy knew how to do was try to get the ball past through the defender's legs. I wasn't fooled cos I predicted he would keep doing that after it worked against one of the others the first time he did it. So I closed my legs to stop the ball each time. Haha CMI! xP
After match, Regine went home and Des went off. Tired, the rest of us sat on the court to rest. Then we started rolling the 2 bballs across to each other, trying not to cause a collision. You know one of those games you play in kindergarten besides sack race or sitting in a circle playing some catching thingy with a bean bag? Yeah yeah, we're kids at heart lah. xD Lin asked me why there was such thing as a mama shop but no papa shop. Gave her crap answers. She said she would blog about it so I'm giving her the 'honours' but I bet she forgot. Heh.
Later we walked to a coffee shop. Sri stopped by some shop to buy materials for making a Hady banner. Lin and I were searching for those $1 plastic water guns that we used to play in our childhood. We have to get them to shoot Denise!
I had no idea how to go home afterwards. Ended up taking 4 buses to get home! Took 855 and alighted with Annabelle. Sri told me to take 961 from there and alight 3 stops after to take 852. The bus stop was so dark and deserted. I was afraid to be left helpless if I was robbed or something. It was a huge relief when 852 finally came because from there the route and landmarks became familiar. A guy was snoring on the bus. Anyway I took 945 home from Bt. Batok interchange. Phew, what an exhausting day.
When we went to the CC behind Tiong plaza to use the court there, there was this "Danger, Keep Out!" sign on the gate but we happily walked in anyway. Then this construction worker told us we couldn't go in cos the CC was under renovation. Wth, the court's not even undergoing any renovation and is separate from the main building!
So then we decided to use the court near Regine's house. Started playing at 3pm until almost 7. In between, Des and I went to the mama shop nearby to get drinks. When we returned, this guy was using the other half of the court. He took off his singlet top to play lah. After that, an Indian boy joined him. They're like total strangers but I think the boy wanted to learn how to play so the guy tried to teach him. The boy seems to be 7 years old so he's obviously very small and had difficulty shooting. Later you know what little boy did?
He came over to us wanting to play match! Des, who was standing the nearest, didn't know what to say. We all pretended not to hear. But the boy was insistent and asked another couple of times until Annabelle said okay. So the boy called the guy over and he went to put on his singlet first. Oh the dignity. The boy was so weird lah. He wanted equal number of players on each team so he told Sri, "I choose you". I started laughing because of Sri's reaction and he also got me thinking of Pokemon. Haha.
Sri told him cannot cos obviously she wants to play on the same team as us. In the end it was female vs male; the 4 of us against the 2 of them. It was hilarious. Sri will just scream at times. At first it was 2-0 with us leading then 7-5, 10-7 etc. All the opposing shots were scored solo by the guy please. They made me mark him and every time little boy tried to pass the ball, I intercepted. Put in many of the shots and was quite pleased with myself. Somehow I can never do that during trng or tournie. Intimidation perhaps.
Anyway Mr Guy was rapidly closing the gap on us and by the time Lin and Regine arrived we were losing. Des rested while Lin took her place. The only thing little boy knew how to do was try to get the ball past through the defender's legs. I wasn't fooled cos I predicted he would keep doing that after it worked against one of the others the first time he did it. So I closed my legs to stop the ball each time. Haha CMI! xP
After match, Regine went home and Des went off. Tired, the rest of us sat on the court to rest. Then we started rolling the 2 bballs across to each other, trying not to cause a collision. You know one of those games you play in kindergarten besides sack race or sitting in a circle playing some catching thingy with a bean bag? Yeah yeah, we're kids at heart lah. xD Lin asked me why there was such thing as a mama shop but no papa shop. Gave her crap answers. She said she would blog about it so I'm giving her the 'honours' but I bet she forgot. Heh.
Later we walked to a coffee shop. Sri stopped by some shop to buy materials for making a Hady banner. Lin and I were searching for those $1 plastic water guns that we used to play in our childhood. We have to get them to shoot Denise!
I had no idea how to go home afterwards. Ended up taking 4 buses to get home! Took 855 and alighted with Annabelle. Sri told me to take 961 from there and alight 3 stops after to take 852. The bus stop was so dark and deserted. I was afraid to be left helpless if I was robbed or something. It was a huge relief when 852 finally came because from there the route and landmarks became familiar. A guy was snoring on the bus. Anyway I took 945 home from Bt. Batok interchange. Phew, what an exhausting day.
Labels: basketball
11:56 pm